Kizomba Dance Classes / Lessons / Courses in Dubai
Do you wish to start learning a style of dance that includes attitude , connection, social capacities, coordination and improve your balance and posture ? Well then , Kizomba / Urban Kiz is for you ! It is a great departure from the latin styles of dancing and is an exciting new dance style that is only becoming very popular.
Kizomba is one of the most popular genres of dance and music originating from Angola. The original form of semba is more fast paced and energetic. The style of Kizomba emphasizes a smooth way of dancing with influences of Tango steps, but one of the main differences is that the lower body, the hip, does forward/backwards and circle movements. People dance on the tempo, as well as playing on the offbeat and only sometimes using syncopation steps. Today the dance has evolved and is more widely danced as Urban Kiz and Tarraxxa movements.
Urban Kiz is widely popular European style and is popularized by DJs brining new unique rhythms to the dance events. The dance is a mix of rhythm, syncopations, quick posture changes between the lead and follow along with control of balance and isolation. The key is being able develop connection techniques to interpret the music together with turns, spins, and quick steps (including pop and lock variations)
Tarraxinha / Tarraxxa/o in contrast is the variation with smooth and slow movements. The style of dance is to dance on spot and have more body isolation, movements, and connection. This is quite an elaborate and complex dance style although it may look easy, but it is difficult due to the precision of body isolation, control and leading with the timing of musical instruments.
- This course is for ANYONE that has the desire of learning KIZOMBA, from 8 to 80 years old.
- Beginner dancers, without any dance experience, will love this course.
- Intermediate and advanced dancers that want to consolidate their basics on Kizomba and learn new moves.
- Everyone that is looking for a different, fun, and unique activity to do with their partners. You will love every single moment that you will pass together practicing and learning Kizomba.
- Anyone that wants to surprise their loved one with something unique and exciting!
Kizomba Dance Partner Work Courses (beginner / Intermediate / advanced)
- All the essential techniques in Kizomba Dance for leaders and followers
- Secrets and tips only known by the best dancers in the world.
- Routines that are technically broken down in fine detail for both leader and follower
- Step by step guide by professionally trained dancers
- All Kizomba styles are covered: Urban / Kizomba / Semba / Tarraxa
We are focused in preparing you to develop your skills at a steady and easy pace. The idea is to slowly build up the techniques by specific fun drills. Overtime you will be able to switch between all the styles while you are dancing on the dance floor.
What clothing should I wear?
Wear any clothing you’d wear on a regular day and shoes that won’t slip off your feet easily or don’t grip the floor too much.
NOTE: Please remember you are dancing with a partner so personal hygiene is important.
Am I too old to dance?
You are never too old to dance or to learn to dance! We have adults of all ages taking our classes so you will not feel out of place.
Do I need a partner?
No. We rotate partners throughout class so you’ll get a chance to dance with everyone and meet new friends! 🙂